I am a software consultant with over two decades of professional programming experience. Ruby and Ruby on Rails are my speciality, although I have worked with other stacks like Python or Elixir when it made sense for the problem at hand.
Full-time collaborations typically involve a dedication of around 80–100 hours/month.
I work as an independent and external consultant. I specialize in tackling challenging problems that demand careful consideration and focus. Problems for which someone concentrated and not in the day-to-day may be a great match.
I work autonomously but with a team player spirit and a very close feedback loop. I provide complete solutions starting with a deep understanding of the problem, research, design, and implementation.
I am also open to discussing other types of projects, we can just talk.
Quick dive-ins are short-term collaborations, often taking a few days or even hours.
These are ideal for tackling punctual problems. For example, you may suspect the application is facing a bug in Rails and need help understanding what is going on. Generally, there is some sort of concrete and challenging technical issue to be understood and addressed efficiently.
You can contact me and I'll dive into it. Then, we shake hands and done.
You can also hire me as an advisor. This is a subscription-based model where your team has a direct line to me for whatever assistance I can provide.
Please, contact me at email@example.com.
I have been into Open Source for a long time. Open Source represents freedom for me, doing things for the fun of it, sharing code and knowledge, collaborating openly with people from all over the world.
I am deeply honored by the recognition my Open Source contributions have received in the form of various awards:
Talks and Keynotes
Over the years, I have had the privilege of presenting talks and keynotes at various estimeed conferences. A particularly proud moment was delivering the opening keynote at RailsConf 2022. You can view this keynote here.
- Rails World 2023 (Amsterdam, The Netherlands)
- Friendly.rb 2023 (Bucharest, Romania)
- The Rails SaaS Conference 2023 (Athens, Greece)
- RailsConf 2022 (Portland, USA)
- Madrid.rb, November 2021 (Madrid, Spain)
- Stuart Tech Meetups, February 2020 (Barcelona, Spain)
- Barcelona Perl & Friends 2019 (Barcelona, Spain)
- RubyRussia 2019 (Moscow, Russia)
- Elixir Paris Meetup, June 2019 (Paris, France)
- Batch, June 2019 (Barcelona, Spain)
- Barcelona on Rails, May 2019 (Barcelona, Spain)
- RailsConf 2019 (Minneapolis, USA)
- RubyKaigi 2019 (Fukuoka, Japan)
- RubyDay 2019 (Verona, Italy)
- Full Stack Vallès, February 2019 (Terrassa, Spain)
- Barcelona Perl & Friends 2018 (Barcelona, Spain)
- Startup Grind Barcelona Tech Conference 2018 (Barcelona, Spain)
- ElixirConf EU 2018 (Warsaw, Poland)
- Barcelona Perl & Friends 2017 (Barcelona, Spain)
- Paris.rb, July 2017 (Paris, France)
- Elixir Barcelona, June 2017 (Barcelona, Spain)
- RubyC 2017 (Kiev, Ukraine)
- ElixirConf EU 2017 (Barcelona, Spain)
- RubyConf Italy 2016 (Florence, Italy)
- Barcelona Perl Workshop 2016 (Barcelona, Spain)
- Conferencia Rails 2016 (Madrid, Spain)
- EuRuKo 2016 (Sofia, Bulgaria)
- RailsConf 2016 (Kansas City, USA)
- Madrid.rb, April 2016 (Madrid, Spain)
- YAPC::Europe 2015 (Granada, Spain)
- Valencia.rb, February 2015 (Valencia, Spain)
- RailsConf 2014 (Chicago, USA)
- code.talks 2014 (Hamburg, Germany)
- Rails Israel 2013 (Tel Aviv, Israel)
- EuRuKo 2013 (Athens, Greece)
- BaRuCo 2012 (Barcelona, Spain)
- RailsClub 2012 (Moscow, Russia)
- RuLu 2012 (Lyon, France)
- Railsberry 2012 (Krakow, Poland)
- RuPy 2011 (Poznań, Poland)
- RailsConf 2010 (Baltimore, USA)
- Conferencia Rails 2010 (Madrid, Barcelona)
- Conferencia Rails 2009 (Madrid, Spain)
- Conferencia Rails 2008 (Madrid, Spain)
- Conferencia Rails 2007 (Madrid, Spain)
- Conferencia Rails 2006 (Madrid, Spain)
- V Congreso Hispalinux (2002, Madrid, Spain)
I have a degree in Mathematics by the University of Barcelona.
Before starting my career in software development, I worked in a few things. For instance, I was a freelance proofreader of math textbooks for six years.
I was also a part-time lecturer at the University of Barcelona in the 2000s, where I taught a semester in Perl for seven years. I did this alongside my full-time job as a programmer. It was vocational.
I keep a listing of the books I read.
Please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.